HELVETAS is an international organization, operating in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe in the domains of water & infrastructure, environment & climate change, rural economy, skill development & education, and governance & peace. In Bangladesh, HELVETAS supports the development of rural livelihoods and local governance through direct support to agriculture and has demonstrated experience in improving access to drinking water as well as reduction of water induced risks, including flood, erosion, and salinity targeting the extreme poor and disadvantaged. HELVETAS, in partnership with ACTED, is launching an emergency operation to respond to the Rohingya Refugee Crisis and is working in particular the sector of Site Management (CCCM) in the Camps of the Kutupalong-Balukhali Expansion Site, Cox’s Bazar.
HELVETAS seeks to recruit:
Salaries will be based on qualifications and experience with a range between 51,700-54,900 BDT per month.
The main criteria used in the selection of the DRR assistant are the following:
- Fluent in English and Bangla (spoken and written) – Chittagong dialect is a must
- Minimum of 1 year working in a similar position – preferably within NGOs
- Previous experience in any of the following construction projects: slope stabilization (retaining/protection wall) and desilting of drainage
- Previous experience in management of technical teams
- Experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) essential
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Should have knowledge on humanitarian principals and attitude to work in Refugee Camps
- Experience in previous implementation of CfW based construction projects is an added advantage
- Supporting senior engineer in identification and development of project plans and work schedules;
- Undertaking site investigations and rapid assessments as required for the emergency;
- Working with the engineering team and directly managing teams of CfW laborers across multiple camps to construct infrastructure within camp settings;
- Capacity building and beneficiary selection of the CfW laborers for active projects
- Liaise with finance department, plan and oversee CfW payments
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on the field level including, but not limited to Camp in Charge, SMS and other NGO partners
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries to the sites;
- Report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required by the line manager;
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within allocated budget and on time;
- Any other duties as agreed with relevant line manager.
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
Code of Conduct
The DRR Assistant is required to abide by and observe:
- NGO’s child protection policy
- NGO’s code of conduct
- NGO’s anti-terrorism policy
- NGO’s Data Protection policy
- Transparency, integrity and accountability
- Good will and positive attitude in the accomplishment of his/her tasks
- Cooperative attitude in the interaction with the NGO’s staff and the site population
The DRR Assistant will report to and operate under the guidance of the SR. Engineer.
Interested and motivated candidates must submit a CV and cover letter to apply for this position by September 9, 2019. Applications can by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include proof of relevant experience and references.
Please write at the top of your application “Application for DRR Assistant”. Ensure working phone number is included in the application. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone. Please be aware that application material is not returnable.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply